Sunday, July 22, 2018

Arizona

Two Stops in Arizona

White Tank Mountain Regional Park and Catalina State Park (Tucson)

We spent two nights at White Tank and Three nights in Catalina.

Both stops where in the desert (and yet it still rained on us in both places). White Tank had more cactuses while Catalina was a little more scrubby and closer to the mountains (several of the walking paths actually went up into the mountains).

     We started off in White Tank with a back in spot.  
View from out front door.
We requested a change to a pull through spot and since there was almost no one there they let us switch.  The pull throughs are backwards, though.  
Once you pull in to hook up your front door and "porch" are on the street. Weird. So we went ahead and moved back to the back-in site.  Since we had to take the car off to do that, Bob decided to go into town the next day and play golf.

    When he got back I went out and did a hike on one of the trails that started in the park. It was HOT!



I didn't take Buffy because the one walk we did that morning got cactus burrs all in her paws and I had to carry her back.

As usual, for every place we have stopped so far,(even Vegas, although I didn't mention it) it rained. 


    We then went on to Catalina State Park.  We stayed here two days last year, and Bob really liked it (nice nearby Golf) so I booked three nights this time. 
It was really hot here, too well into the 100's.  Of course our last day here it rained and got all our rugs wet. They had finally dried out from our last stop, and now wet again.  

     Bob played golf.  I went to Walmart and hiked a couple times.  This time I took Buffy because the trail was cleared off for biking. 

It's so fun here with all the hundreds of ground squirrels everywhere and roadrunners.  I even saw a coyote. 

Well..I was going through this today and I thought August disappeared……but realized I just didn’t get the stuff posted till almost the next year…🫣… 

    

No comments: