Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Lakepoint State Park

(There are a lot of weird gaps in this section. Trying to edit on my iPad with 3g doesn’t work very well. So, when I get to somewhere with internet, I’ll fix it)

        Here we are in Alabama. We were suppose to go to Florida Caverns State Park, But they called and said they were closed due to the storm flooding out the area. I checked my trusty Google maps and found this State Park on the correct route. Of course it rained most of the way in. We discovered that the driver windshield wiper slams against the side of the RV every swipe. No way to fix that until we find a dealer.


      Got to the park, followed the signs AND the map on the wall of the welcome center only to arrive at the grounds where there was a gate that required a code. A woman who was leaving told us to follow her as she was going to where we needed to go to register. They now use the marina for registration. They really need to update the signage...


Our Spot

        We got hooked up and within one minute it really began pouring. Figured it was a good time for a nap. Then time to cook dinner. Easy tonight just BLTs.


  Poor Buffy hasn’t eaten in two days (she’s deathly afraid of storms 
and I guess too upset to eat). I thought I’d tempt her by using a little bacon grease and frying her dog food in it. I added a little crumbled bacon and a pinch of grated cheese. She gobbled it right down. Silly dog.

     The rain finally let up and I took her for a nice long walk. We went out to the ‘beach’. It was posted...”gators, swim at your own risk”. We saw two smallish ones right away. How far inland do I need to go to get away from them?










     We walked to one of the boat docks, too.  Pretty place.


On a later walk we took one of the trails. Water appears to run all through the area.






   I christened the RV shower. First time I ever took a RV shower. Our old trailer camper was so small it didn’t have a closet so we turned the bathroom into a closet and only used the campground showers. There was plenty of hot water and great pressure. It was a little tight but not much worse than a cruise ship cabin.


     It’s about time to turn in for the night. We will be here all day tomorrow. Not sure if we will be unloading the car and going anywhere tomorrow or not.

No comments: