Sunday, May 27, 2018

RV Practice One: Lake Kissimmee State Park

Lake Kissimmee State Park
We decided to start small and take the RV without pulling the car. Also, we could get to Lake Kissimmee in a couple of hours.  I
packed for one overnight stay.  Since we wouldn't have the car we wouldn't be leaving the campground.

Made a bed for Buffy under the passenger side window with several pillows so she could lay down and look out the window. She was a great traveler last year, when she was just a few months old, so I don't see why this year would be any different.
Once we got there, there wasn't very much to do.  I cooked a nice dinner (steak, baked potato, sangria. Took Buffy for a few walks. The trails were very boring and the water level was very, very low.  It (the lake) was also so far off from the campsite, Bob wouldn't walk with us.  Buffy had a good time tho.
The park is suppose to be the only Florida State Park designated as a night sky viewing area.  It was bright, but I didn't think it was any better than any other campground I'd been to.
This was at the trail head.  I used a Prisma filter on my iPad Pro to give it a little interest.
Got up the next morning and made a big breakfast.  Bob cleaned up (that was the deal we made, I'll cook, but he cleans up) since I do a lot of the cleaning as I go anyway, I figured that would be a good deal for him. And again, as there was really nothing to do we headed home.  We stopped at the dump station first, then traded places and I drove home.  It wasn't quite as bad as I thought (my first time behind the wheel), but it is a little hard to tell when you are in the middle of your lane.  I guess it will come with practice.
Next week we will be heading out for another practice run although this time we will be hooking up the trailer and pulling the car.

No comments: