Sunday, May 27, 2018

Practice Run 2: Blue Spring State Park

This area is even closer that our last practice and a pretty easy shot straight down the highway. I packed out swim gear as they have a posted swim area and an area for tubing.
I was very sad when we got there to find that the swimming and tubing areas were closed for the day because a couple of young alligators had gotten into the posted swimming area. Apparently they weren't old enough to read the posted signs.   I took Buffy down the board walk, no one was around because of the water closure and we spotted one of the gators and tons and tons of gar and other fish.
Also, found this friendly little lady who was kind enough to pose for me.
This state park was a little more interesting than the last but still not much to do with the water being closed off.  Bob and I walked to the snack bar and got a sandwich.
I went into the general store to get a park sticker.  Got two.  Would have only bought one if I'd know the plain little suckers were five dollars each. 
This is the area where the Springs well up and the Manatees come for the winter. Of course they are all gone this time of year, otherwise the swimming area would be closed for that.  Swimming when the manatees are in the Springs is not allowed.  It's a very nice board walk tho.
The bathroom/shower houses here are fantastic.  Cool, clean and super nice. I wish I had discovered this park when my son was younger, he would have loved it here.  
Well, ready or not we leave tomorrow for our cross country trip.  First stop Lake City Florida.
It's not a long drive, I thought we should take it easy at first.  Good thing I did it's going to be raining.

No comments: