Friday, May 3, 2019

First Stop... Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park, FL


Well, the state park wasn’t the only thing rocky today...so was our send off..we made it out, but it wasn’t pretty...the ground was really wet from yesterday’s rain, so the driving boards sank as we loaded the car on to the tow-dolly. Took out two big pieces of the flashing underneath and crushed a big dent in the front...

Then I just got an email from our Vegas stop (two weeks stay) that the last three days we’re going to be there they will be closed to refinish the lot..so sometime between now and when we get there we need to figure out what we are going to be doing those three days...😬🤨

I got my vinyl decals on yesterday...it was easy to make them, but I really suck at putting them on...and I misplaced the words on the back one...it must have blown away...

We stopped a few times to walk Buffy...stopped at a rest area around one and I made sandwiches...we made pretty good time...traffic was fairly light...
I love driving down the highway and seeing all the wild flowers...

And something about fungus and lichen...I love it...



We got to the park with plenty of daylight to spare, barely four o’clock...set up...got my canapé and lights up....


Took Buffy for a long, long walk...discovered several hiking paths, one that lead down to the water...just a few tiny pieces of beach here and there..

 






No comments: