Wednesday, May 15, 2019

New Mexico and Arizona

New Mexico

Just two quick stops on our way to Vegas. We stopped  outside Albuquerque at a RV park called High Desert. It was between The Hopi reservation and the painted desert, very pretty country.
The various views along side the road never get old.


The RV park was nice...it didn’t have any grass (well, you know, desert) but it had three really nice dog runs.  We didn’t even bother to unhook the car.
And surprise! No rain. It did get chilly enough to run the heater though.

Arizona 

 We left bright and early the next day heading for Flagstaff. We stayed at the KOA in Coconino National Forest.  If I had done my research, I’d have realized how close we were to the Grand Canyon and stayed a couple of days. We got there, thanks in part to the time change, about 1:30 in the afternoon. We’d passed a mall about a mile up the road so as soon as we got settled I walked over. (didn’t think it
was worth unhooking the car for such a short trip).
        On the walk back, about halfway, I discovered a trail-head for several trails into the forest and up the mountain...so I went back to the RV got water and Buffy and hit the trail...serendipity! 




We both enjoyed it very much...except for the part where I slipped and landed on my knee...☹️ I actually had my camera set on timer and have a picture of it, but I think I'll pass on sharing it. 





Tomorrow morning we will be off and be in Vegas by the afternoon.   










No comments: