Friday, June 1, 2018

Bankhead Day Two Afternoon

Cheated and bought deli chicken at Walmart. But I also got everything I had forgotten last time. (I hope) 
    Bob and I took a short walk across to one of the other camp sites over by the left bank water edge. 


   Then Bob decided to take a nap and I thought I’d take Buffy on the long bike trail all the way to the swimming area. 
 We saw some cool things on the way.

 


When we got there, I saw a sign saying trail to campground. I decided to take it. The bike trail is relativity flat so bikes can use it, so it’s all zig zag making it a very long trail. The hiking trail looked like it was heading up, so I figured it would be shorter.

Found some cool stuff on this trail, too.

 
She is laying eggs right in the middle of the trail.


A little way in we came to a fork with no sign. I picked the one that seemed steeper. Not sure I picked the good one but about a mile later I came to another fork (three way) it had swim hole with an arrow scratched on it going one way, and two arrows pointing toward the other two trails that said camp, without any mileage or clue which might be better. I guessed. Think I took the wrong one again. But about two miles later came to the paved road. Again no sign pointed which way was camp. I took a chance and turned right. About a quarter mile down I hit the entrance to the camp ground. Whew. Next time I’ll stick to the bike trail.

No comments: