Saturday, June 9, 2018

St. Louis Zoo



Day three we went to the St. Louis zoo. It was amazing. One of the best zoos I’ve ever been in.
We spent most of the day and would have stayed longer but we had to pick Buffy up from doggy day care.










I’ll put more photos on a special page as I clean them up.














   Which brings 
Up another thing that still makes me mad thinking of it. When I took her to the doggy day care (Frolic Inn)  I liked the owner right away, then a young kid came in to take her to the back and when she didn’t want to go instead of picking her up (she’s eight pounds) he drug her across the floor by her neck, with her leash. I actually went over and picked her up and handed her to him. Not a good start...
   But, when I went to pick her up at the end of the afternoon, she was in a kennel, alone and hanging by her neck with her head stuck through the chain 
link fence. She’d crawled up the door a little ways and tried to get through a piece of the chain link. Her feet couldn’t reach the ground they were just slightly perched on the bottom door rail. Her collar was stuck tight in the rail and even if she could have reached the floor for traction she wouldn’t have been Able to get loose. She was Stuck good.
   The boy there now (different kid) couldn’t get her out and I had to go do it. It was hard to get her out, for a while I wasn’t sure I could get her out. I Know I hurt her. Now here’s the kicker..the kid said, “I don’t understand why she couldn’t get loose, I saw her work herself out at least twice today”! WHAT!
If they saw her stuck...
1. Why did she have to get HERSELF loose and 
2. If they knew she Could get her Head stuck in the chain link, why didn’t they move her or block the door? Unbelievable.

No comments: