Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Nashville day one and two

       Here we are at Grand Ole RV Park. Boy, is it a tight park.  The people are exceedingly nice but for some reason we didn't get our pull through site.  The man who led us to our site helped Bob unhook the car and move the trailer to a spot out of the way.  We got a corner spot with a tree, and it's actually nicer than most of any of the other spots.  This place is PACKED.  Here is a shot of one side of the park (it’s big).



And a shot of our spot. It’s much nicer than any of the others.


They have an outdoor bar with live music every night. Some of them are good, some not so much.



One other thing about this park is it’s sitting under a Very Busy rail road track.it doesn’t bother me, I find the noice kind of southing, but there sure are a lot of them, and they are close and loud.


Found out why this place is so packed.  The Country Music Festival is starting downtown on Wednesday.  When we went downtown today half the streets in front of the arena and Ryman Theater are closed off while they build stages and booths in the street. I think I'm glad we got here in time to miss it.  As it was, I had a hard time getting tickets to the Grand Ole Opry tomorrow.  Had to use Ticketmaster as the actual box office was sold out.  I had to pay more, but hey, I got tickets.


     I wanted to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum, so we left Buffy on her own for the first time in the new camper (she was fine) and went into Nashville.  Parked nearby. The three hours it took us to see the Museum and eat lunch cost us $20 in parking.

The museum.




    The museum was nice, they had a traveling exhibits on Loretta Lynn (one of my favorites), Shania Twain, and Faith Hill/Tim McGraw.  In a couple of exhibits they had old Singer sewing machines. (Old singers????)
This was actually taken on the walk from the parking garage to the museum. I believe it's an ad for the other music museum that has a Rolling Stones exhibit.

In the Music Hall of Fame.
The rest of the photos will be on a new page I'm going to make just for museum photos.

No comments: