Friday, June 15, 2018

Kansas City, Day two and Three


ZOO DAY!



Zoo day!!! I know I just went to one a few days ago, but I love my Zoos and this is the one I grew up going to, I have to see how it's been. 



Wow! What a surprise.
This zoo was incredible. I think it may have been better than the St. Louis Zoo.  They had beautiful landscaping, good signage and huge exhibits.  The Australian area was a large park that you could go into and the kangaroos and other animals were just wandering loose with you.  Very cool.



The African area is acres and acres of land with the Blue River running through it.

  You can walk on a board walk that goes through it with view areas (some of them had rocking chairs). Or you could buy a seat on a ski lift that went all across the area and back, or you could take a boat ride that took you through the area.  It was super. I walked. 


I'll put more animal photos on the special zoo page (and some in the effects page) as I clean them up. 







I walked back up to the main area passing by lots more displays. 
These were two of my favorite.


     Then I went to see the Polar Bears and Penguins.
I passed the sea lion area, it was as nice as one at Sea W0rld.


I was really surprised to find that Starlight theater was still there, too. One summer when I was about 12 my girl scout troop bought summer passes to the theater and I vividly remember going.  

































No comments: